- 2 year appointment with the possibility of renewal
- Lab funded by NHMRC and commercial contracts
- Attractive salary packaging & superannuation options
About QIMR Berghofer:
QIMR Berghofer is a world-leading translational medical research institute focused on improving health by developing new diagnostics, better treatments and prevention strategies, specifically in the areas of cancer, infectious diseases, mental health and chronic disorders. Based in Herston, Brisbane and working in close collaboration with clinicians and other research institutes, QIMR Berghofer is home to more than 600 scientists, students and support staff.
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute provides world class facilities for histology, flow cytometry, Imaging and animal experiments.
About the Respiratory Immunology Laboratory:
The Respiratory Immunology lab is exploring links between maternal diet, microbiota composition and susceptibility of the offspring to acute lower respiratory infections and later chronic disease (asthma, bronchiectasis, COPD). This will be achieved through clinical studies and preclinical mouse models.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities:
- Help conduct an NHMRC-funded research project with support from A/Prof. Phipps.
- Generate your own hypotheses and creative study designs to test your ideas.
- Supervise research assistants and PhD/Honours scholars, and ensure that the lab is compliant with safety and human/animal ethics approvals.
- Support the conduct of research contracts as the need arises.
- Produce written reports to supervisors and collaborators, and contribute to the drafting of manuscripts and grants.
To be successful in this role you will have
- A PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology or Respiratory Medicine
- A strong track record with first author publications
- Experience of preclinical mouse models, cell culture, and flow cytometry
- A strong understanding of what is needed for effective communication and team work, and excellent organisational skills
- A desire to be successful and to develop into an independent research leader in the future.
Remuneration: Salary range is $93,150 to $110,512 per annum. This is a full-time appointment for 2 years with the possibility of renewal.
For further information: Contact A/Prof Simon Phipps at email@example.com
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
To submit an application: use the APPLY button. All applicants must supply the following documents: Resume and Cover letter addressing the criteria.
What we offer:
- Salary Packaging
- Bonus Superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Supportive/collaborative team environment