- Work in a world-leading medical research institute
- Be part of a dedicated team in promoting safety and wellness
- Attractive salary packaging & superannuation options
About QIMR Berghofer:
QIMR Berghofer is a world-leading translational medical research institute focused on improving health by developing new diagnostics, better treatments and prevention strategies, specifically in the areas of cancer, infectious diseases, mental health and chronic disorders. Based in Herston, Brisbane and working in close collaboration with clinicians and other research institutes, QIMR Berghofer is home to more than 600 scientists, students and support staff.
About the Safety Team:
The Safety Team promotes the highest standard of safety and wellbeing of all persons working at the Institute. The team provides training and advice in order to drive a positive safety culture and supports researchers, management and the Institute to comply with their obligations with regards to WHS, biosafety, biosecurity, chemical safety and radiation safety.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and implementation of WHS improvement initiatives to reduce the potential for injury, illness and environmental harm.
- Investigate accidents and incidents; perform manual hazards assessments and ergonomic assessments.
- Monitor, audit and report on compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and related legislative requirements, and the Institute’s WHS policy and procedures.
- Monitor, audit and report on compliance with fire safety regulations.
- Provide the Human Resources Team and workers with guidance on injury management and rehabilitation strategies.
- Develop and implement health and wellbeing initiatives, based on feedback and data, that promote the health and wellbeing in the Institute
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in WHS, with subsequent experience in managing WHS, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education;
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of the Work, Health and Safety Act 2011, Regulations and other related legislation, Standards or Codes of Practice;
- Demonstrated experience in investigating and reporting safety incidents and accidents;
- Experience collating and analysing safety data, producing reports, developing systems and procedures for health, safety and risk management;
- Experience in the development and promotion of workplace Health and Wellbeing programs; and
- Highly developed communication skills, influencing strategies and relationship management skills.
- Experience in providing advice relating to WHS in a laboratory or clinical/healthcare settings.
Remuneration: Salary range is $90,885 to $98,876 p.a. plus super and salary packaging. This is a permanent full-time appointment.
To submit an application: use the APPLY button. All applicants must supply the following documents: Resume and Cover letter addressing the criteria.
For further information: Contact Dr Amy Jones on 07 3845 3785 or
Closing Date: 26 September 2021
What we offer:
- Salary Packaging
- Bonus Superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Supportive/collaborative team environment