- Exciting opportunity to assist the QIMR Berghofer Clinical Malaria Team
- Opportunities to gain experience in clinical trials, including Phase 1 first-in-human studies
- Opportunity to be involved in clinical research
About QIMR Berghofer:
QIMR Berghofer is a world-leading translational medical research institute focused on improving health by developing new diagnostics, better treatments and prevention strategies, specifically in the areas of Cancer, Infection and Inflammation, Mental Health and Neuroscience, and Population Health. Based in Herston, Brisbane and working in close collaboration with clinicians and other research institutes, QIMR Berghofer is home to more than 600 scientists, students and non-research staff.
About the Clinical Malaria Group:
The Clinical Malaria Group conducts clinical trials to evaluate safety and efficacy of novel antimalarials in healthy volunteers experimentally infected with malaria. These studies are playing a key role in expediting development of new antimalarials. The Clinical Malaria Group also conducts studies evaluating the ability of antimalarial therapeutics to block the transmission of malaria from humans to mosquitoes. The group works closely with key malaria funding body the Medicines for Malaria Venture, as well as the University of Sunshine Coast Clinical Trials team, where the clinical trials are conducted.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Assisting with the preparation of clinical trial documents, such as study Protocols, Participant Information and Consent Forms, and Investigational Brochures.
- Assistance with preparation of HREC submission packages
- Any other administrative tasks required to support the Clinical Malaria Group in the conduct of the clinical trials
- Assisting the Data Manager with data entry and performing quality control checks of data
You will have;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with staff across all levels of the Institute.
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
Desirable, but not essential are;
- Undergraduate degree in science, health, or related discipline.
- Experience as a Clinical Trials Assistant or similar role within a clinical research setting.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice and International Conference of Harmonization guidelines.
Remuneration: Salary range is $67,649 to $75,597 plus super and salary packaging. This is a full-time appointment for 12 months.
For further information: Please contact Rebecca Webster, Clinical Operations Manager via Rebecca.email@example.com
To submit an application: use the APPLY button. All applicants must supply the following documents: Resume and Cover letter addressing the criteria.
Closing Date: 18 August 2022
What we offer:
- Salary Packaging
- Bonus Superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Supportive/collaborative team environment