- Work with world class researchers
- Help deliver a new generation of therapeutics to patients in Australia and across the globe
- Attractive salary packaging & superannuation options
About QIMR Berghofer:
QIMR Berghofer is a statutory body under the Queensland Institute of Medical Research Act (1945). The mission of QIMR Berghofer is to promote better health through impactful medical research. QIMR Berghofer has a vision to lead the way to significant innovation in health outcomes, nationally and globally. We are committed to supporting ground-breaking research discoveries, achieving sustainability and achieving impact, maintaining an internationally recognised Medical Research Institute within the State of Queensland that is the primary focus of Medical Research within the State. We cooperate with, and where possible assist the work of other medical research institutions within the State and globally.
QIMR Berghofer Values:
- Excellence and Integrity
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Respect and Diversity
The Institute focuses its research within four key Programs:
- Cancer Research
- Infection & Inflammation
- Mental Health & Neuroscience
- Population Health
About the Q-Gen Cell Therapeutics Group:
Q-Gen Cell Therapeutics is part of the QIMR Berghofer. This is a GMP facility, which manufactures investigational cell therapy products for internal and external clients. The Q-Gen team is dedicated to helping researchers, clinicians and biotechnology companies develop the next generation of cell therapeutics for the treatment of patients in Australia and across the globe.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities:
The key duties include:
- Manage multiple projects through the full project life-cycle, ensuring that project methodologies, standards and processes are adhered to, and that project outcomes are delivered within agreed timeframes, scope and budget.
- Plan and coordinate projects to ensure project delivery and outcomes are within contract terms and milestones.
- Manage stakeholder and client involvement, ensuring appropriate change management and communication, including coordination of project control groups and project steering committees
- Foster and maintain productive collaborations and positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attend client meetings, including Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) meetings and maintain records of meetings, decisions and actions required
- Prepare and maintain a schedule of work in consultation with Q-Gen leadership team
- Ensure the timely provision of information to the project team and contribute to timely decision making by the project team
- Manage project issues and risks in a timely manner and escalate as appropriate, including management of changes to project scope, schedule and cost using appropriate methodologies
The right candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in life sciences or health discipline
- Experience in investigational product development and clinical trials
- Demonstrated high level skills and expertise in the delivery of a portfolio of projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management techniques, tools and methodologies, covering all phases of the project life cycle
- Self-motivated, and highly organised ; able to meet deadlines and deliver multiple competing priorities in a complex and challenging environment
- Substantial skills in building effective relationships and influence customers in diverse cultural contexts
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills, including ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences
Also ideally experience in the medical research/pharmaceutical/biotechnology sector.
Salary range is $107,069 to $114,653 p.a. plus super, plus very attractive salary packaging. This is a full-time appointment for 1 year with a possibility of extension.
To submit an application: use the APPLY button. All applicants must supply Cover Letter addressing selection criteria and Resume.
For further information: Contact Darron Laing, Q-Gen Operations Manager Darron.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16 August 2022
What we offer:
- Very attractive salary packaging
- Bonus superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Supportive/collaborative team environment