- Provide a high-performance computing environment to support cutting-edge medical research
- Agile environment - identify and learn new skills and tools and put them straight into production
- Attractive salary packaging & superannuation options
About QIMR Berghofer:
QIMR Berghofer is a statutory body under the Queensland Institute of Medical Research Act (1945). The mission of QIMR Berghofer is to promote better health through impactful medical research. QIMR Berghofer has a vision to lead the way to significant innovation in health outcomes, nationally and globally. We are committed to supporting ground-breaking research discoveries, achieving sustainability and achieving impact, maintaining an internationally recognised Medical Research Institute within the State of Queensland that is the primary focus of Medical Research within the State. We cooperate with, and where possible assist the work of other medical research institutions within the State and globally.
QIMR Berghofer Values:
- Excellence and Integrity
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Respect and Diversity
The Institute focuses its research within four key Programs:
- Cancer Research
- Infection & Inflammation
- Mental Health & Neuroscience
- Population Health
About Genome Informatics:
The Genome Informatics group supports the Institute's mission by providing:
- high-performance computing infrastructure including a 3000-core cluster with 5 petabytes of Lustre disk;
- a genomic data repository to track samples and data;
- genomic analysis pipelines and tools.
Genome Informatics in collaboration with the Medical Genomics group provides genome analysis to over 20 research groups at QIMR Berghofer. You will be joining an established team of sysadmin, software development and genomics professionals. You will work directly with scientists and will be contributing to world-leading research projects that seek to discover, diagnose and deliver better treatments for some of the world's deadliest diseases.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities:
Applications are invited for Linux systems administrators to:
- support the QIMR Berghofer HPC system through systems administration, user support, and development of software and hardware infrastructure
- support genome analysis and data management activities
- Ensure work practices comply with the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Act, related legislative requirements and the Institute's OH&S policies and procedures
You are required to have:
- experience in Linux cluster systems administration
- a degree in computer science, computational biology or relevant field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- demonstrated experience in programming system maintenance tasks in languages such as C, Perl, Python, batch/shell.
Desirable skills include experience with software development, genomic research, and familiarity with working in research or academic environments.
Salary range is $107,069 to $114,653 p.a. plus super, plus very attractive salary packaging. This is a full-time appointment for 3 years.
To submit an application: use the APPLY button. All applicants must supply Cover Letter addressing selection criteria and Resume.
For further information: Contact John Pearson via email email@example.com
Closing Date: 19 August 2022
What we offer:
- Very attractive salary packaging
- Bonus superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Supportive/collaborative team environment